About Us

Hello, I am Lyndsey - founder of Endless Impressions. I started working with precious metal clay in 2007 as a hobby making pieces of jewellery for family and friends. One day a friend asked me to make a piece of fingerprint jewellery for her sister who had just had a baby. From this one necklace I started getting lots of enquiries and decided to set up my own fingerprint jewellery business.  I have been amazed by how popular my jewellery has been and it has enabled me to purchase a kiln with which to fire the jewellery. I believe my success story is down to one core aspect and that is that I am a perfectionist when it comes to creating a piece of jewellery! I will only be happy to send an item to a customer if I know they will be delighted by it so you can be certain the standard is always of high quality.



 
A bit about precious metal clay

Modern technology developed in Japan now allows the use of pure silver in a raw, soft, pliable form. This enables prints to be impressed quickly and easily directly into the unfinished piece of jewellery. Metal clay consists of very small particles of silver mixed with an organic binder and water for use in making jewellery, beads and small sculptures. Metal clay can be shaped just like any soft clay by hand or using moulds. After drying, the clay can be fired in a variety of ways such as in a kiln, with a handheld gas torch, or on a gas stove. The binder burns away, leaving the pure metal which is 99.9% pure, fine silver. Fine silver is purer than the more common 925 sterling silver which has a silver content of 92.5% (the remaining 7.5% being made up of mainly copper) As the silver is 99.9% pure, it does not tarnish as fast as sterling silver.